“She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy. She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet.”
Women’s Forum Southampton…… is a group of lively, enthusiastic and conscientious women volunteers within the Southampton region of Syro Malabar Eparchy of Great Briton. We are happy to follow the Lord’s call and help those in need without asking for anything in return
We would like to enrich and develop one another and to embrace the wider world with compassionate hearts and charitable, altruistic actions. We hope to bring the magic of laughter and sunshine to tear stained faces and melancholic hearts. We have ears to listen, voices to join in, shoulders to lean on, arms to hug…but most importantly brains and hearts to share with others in our community who have left behind family and friends to make a living in Southampton and near areas.
With our simple and sincere efforts, we aim at contributing towards the greatest goal of humanity, for a world with no barriers of differences that cast us under a multitude of labels, for a world of just one class, the human class. We will be contented and delighted if our collective efforts render towards making our little worlds wider, brighter and beautiful, for others and ourselves.
We meet 2nd Sunday of every month after mass socially for fellowship and friendship.
You are very welcome to come and meet us and have a chat.
WOMEN’S FORUM SOUTHAMPTON PLANNED OBJECTIVES
- Meet for Rosary before every Qurbana
- Provide psychological support i.e- those with personal problem can call our members confidentially
- Address domestic issues. i.e.- help with problem solving & advise on civil matters
- Provide possible solutions for those facing challenging situations. i.e Parenting, childcare, teenage dilemmas
- Charity & fundraising to help individuals or organizations with a particular need back home – i.e contribute to a monthly kitty, organize meaningful & creative charity events quarterly.
- Social networking- i. e general chat, shopping companionship, meet out for coffee
- Utilitarian help & resource – All optional friendly service such as assistance with babysitting, share academic interests (essays, course materials), cooking/gardening tips, share items, plants, ideas, IT help, crafts, share talents & discover oneself
- Health Promotion- i.e port of call based on specialty, advise based on positive/ evidence based experiences
- Stimulate dialogue, discussion of issues & enrich our professional & personal lives
- Seek friends and make our bond stronger as a community
- Role model for our youth groups.
President – Cizy XXXXXXX (St. Mary’s Mission, Portsmouth)
Vice President –Shiny Mathew (St. Thomas Mission, Southampton)
Executive Members – Bincy Jomy (St. Thomas Mission, Southampton)
Executive Member- Shanty Benny (St. Thomas Mission, Southampton)
For further queries please reach us at email address : XXXXX/ Link to Eparchy women’s forum: http://www.eparchyofgreatbritain.org/home/inner/13